Plastic comes in all shapes and sizes. That is really rather the point of it. We can make plastic into whatever shape we need it in. Plastic is a synthetic material that we derive from oil and occasionally coal. The creation of plastic relies on the manipulation of chemicals. We use them to create bottles, washing up tools, waterproof fibres in clothes, the bumpers on cars, everything. One inventive company uses Plastic Shelving in their product list. This is https://www.rackzone.ie/shelving/plastic-shelving, a company that has a real handle on what a warehouse can use. What different types of plastic are there?
Plastic types are:
- PVC. Polyvinyl chloride is used to cover wires, inflatables like paddling pools and clothing.
- Polythene. These are see-through plastic bags that are tough and flexible.
- Nylon. Made into fibres, Nylon is strong and flexible making it perfect for ropes and tough fabrics.
- Polystyrene. These are the white pieces that you find in packaging. It is a perfect shock absorber. One of its most outstanding features is that it is incredibly light.
- Polycarbonate. Extremely tough and clear, polycarbonate is perfect for car headlights and safety goggles. It even replaces window glass to avoid shattering and shards.