An office is much more than the space where your employees work.
Today’s offices are becoming increasingly aware of how the working environment affects employee health, as well as productivity and creativity.
An office fit out consists of a multi-faceted project, and there are several different considerations for setting a budget. Each office has specific and unique requirements.
Types of Office Fit Outs
As with any project, there is a variety of complexity and price. Some projects focus on the aesthetics of the workplace, whilst others may include more complicated, structural changes.
Budgets vary considerably depending on quality, finishes and final touches.
Shell and Core
Shell-and-core projects comprise the cladding, structure, base plant, external works and completed common areas.
This will include fitted out lobbies, staircases, main reception, lift shafts and toilets.
Category A Office Fit Out
Category A is a level of fit out where the space is completed by the developer and often includes:
– Distribution of electrical and mechanical services
– Suspended ceilings and raised access floors
– Basic heavy-duty carpet
– Basic internal decoration
Check out Office Fit Out company mobuis at work to see how fit outs are completed.
Category B Office Fit Out
Category B fit outs are completed to your requirements and include:
– Installation of offices
– Branding and final finishes
– Installation of facilities in breakout areas and meeting rooms
– Fit out of reception areas
– Fit out of kitchen areas
– Furniture installation
– Installation of lighting and ICT equipment
Turnkey developments are completed to a ready-to-use standard by the developer or contractor.
It is vital that contract documentation defines what work can be carried out and by whom. An agreement lease between the tenant and landlord will clearly define:
– What compromises were built by the shell and core fit out
– What constitutes a category A fit out funded by the landlord/developer but installed by the tenant
– What tenant equipment will be installed in common spaces
Office fit out companies will provide a quote tailored to your brief.
In addition to paying for your fit out, ensure you know exactly what you are signing and whether VAT is included.
Minor changes may cost extra. Be sure to ask about third-party costs and who is liable should the project overrun.